Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tidy Bed

A quick trip through our home - even a cavalier jog ... okay, even a mad dash at full speed - would reveal we're not much on cleaning. We periodically have to invite people over so we have a reason to do it. You, too?

But when you do clean, here's a few methods using mostly stuff you may already have lying around your home to do some nasty jobs. Plus there's a bunch more methods in the comments section at the bottom.

+++

My wife and I are teachers, and the way we teach often spills over into our home. One morning our young daughter was getting ready for school and as I walked by her bedroom, I peeked in to make sure she had tidied it up as we asked.

"You call *that* a made-up bed?" I asked.

"No, Dad," Maggie replied, "it's just a rough draft."


[Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "When it comes to housework, the one thing no book of household management can ever tell you is how to begin. Or perhaps I mean why." (Katharine Whitehorn)

+++


Mark's Musings is available via RSS Feed and e-mail each weekday. Get your own squeaky clean subscription - it's free! - with a click here.

No comments: