Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Secret Shopper

Every now and again I will put together our grocery list. Lately it's been more now than again, but that's due to the fact I get out of work in the early afternoon these days. And on every list I find I'm jotting down what you might call "household essentials." Things like toilet paper, toothpaste, razors, trash bags, vitamins, shampoo, soap, etc.

Well, because I'm all about stuff you can do with the Internet here at Mark's Musings, you can now order these items online, and shipped right to your door for free ... at a price that's the same or, quite often, less than what you'd pay down at the corner grocer's or local big box store.

So go see Alice. She'll also remind you of when you're probably running low on these items, and she'll even scour the Internet and retailers to find coupons that could save you even more money.

+++

As a secret shopper for a large department store, my sister made purchases at various chains and then reported back to the supervisors on the clerks' performances. After a few weeks of doing this, I asked her how she liked her job.

"I love it!" she replied. "I'm getting paid for doing two of my favorite things in life -- shopping and criticizing people!"


[Reader's Digest via Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Why do cashiers always insist on putting the coins on top of the bills?

+++


Mark's Musings comes on an RSS Feed and via e-mail for free almost every day and you can get it by clicking here.

No comments: