Friday, October 02, 2009

Heart Thoughts 3

I think you're due for another round of serious thinking.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

HEART THOUGHTS

Life is full of miracles, but not always the ones we pray for.

When no one around you seems to measure up, perhaps you should check your yardstick.

The biggest, craziest things to do are always the easiest. There's no competition.

It's more important to know where you're going than to see how fast you can get there.

A limit on what you will do puts a limit on what you can do.

The archer that shoots beyond the target misses just as much as the one whose arrow falls short.

When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.

The one who strikes the first blow admits they lost the argument.

The problem with giving advice is that people feel obligated to repay you.

Today's preparation determines tomorrow's achievement.

Too many people miss the silver lining because they're looking for the cloud.

Ambition may be a good thing, but it can sure get a person into a lot of hard work.

There is no fool like an old fool, except, perhaps, an older fool.

[with thanks to It Made My Day, Menards, and list member Cliff R.]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My wife and daughter are out of town with my mother-in-law and her husband, attending our niece's wedding in Indiana. Did I mention enough family ties there? Meanwhile, I'm staying behind because my band is playing in Port Huron Saturday night. Let me know if you need any more details about that.

Anyway, I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and it's also National Stamp Collecting Month. So why not combine both and pick up some Breast Cancer semi-postal stamps at http://tinyurl.com/yajf4xf? The stamps are $11.00 for a sheet of 20, but 9-cents from each stamp goes for research to find a cure. So how can $1.80 per sheet help fund a cure? Well, the USPS has been selling the stamp since 1998 and has raised more than $62 million in that time, according to the 2009 Postal Facts page.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday using faithful Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure my posts are certified by Habeas to be a safe source of e-mail. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and otherwise click your mouse over to my web site. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. In this space I usually insert some silly non-sequitir to entice you to read the fine print. You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. Credit sabotage is un-American, and if you live outside the U.S., it's just not nice. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my post daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. Wow, three times this week the post came out late in the afternoon ... that's like, tomorrow in Australia.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done." (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

No comments: