Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mystery Meat

Just the joke today, my friends. This is a crazy week around here. My daughter is in Swim Team practice every day, my wife is assisting with preparations for a big conference this weekend, I am working about 10 hours a day at the Post Office, and my band is playing twice this week with a pair of "dress rehearsals" as well. Mercy!

Not to mention that somewhere in there is our 26th wedding anniversary.

So, yeah, just the joke today. I've got to go grab my three hours of sleep.

+++

One night when our children were young, my wife cooked up some venison steak for dinner. The kids had never eaten deer meat before, so I thought I'd have some fun with them. I asked them to guess what kind of meat they were eating.

"Is it beef?" Katie asks.

"Nope."

"Is it pork?" inquires William.

"Nope."

"C'mon, Dad," says William. "Tell us. We don't know what kind of meat this is!"

"I'll give you a hint," I say. "It's something that your Mom sometimes calls me."

"Spit it out, William!" Katie cries. "We're eating idiot!!"


[Linda Pulliam's Laughter Today]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "Lust is easy. Love is hard. Like is most important." (Carl Reiner)

+++


Mark's Musings is available via RSS Feed if anyone is still using that, or via e-mail each weekday. Get your own subscription here. If you're reading this on Facebook, please visit my whole blog by clicking "View Original Post" below.

No comments: