Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Ad Execs

Well, I made it through my first day of workshops here in Vegas. It's a strange sort of dichotomy, though. I'm freezing in the frigid air conditioning of the classrooms, but I can feel my flesh begin to bubble from the heat when I venture outside for lunch. And I just can't get used to eating supper at what my stomach continues to insist is 9:00 at night. Should I want to stay up and walk the Strip after dark to enjoy all the neon, my brain will try to convince me it's well after midnight and a *sensible* person would be in bed.

And they've finally figured out a way to pull us geeks and nerds in. They have Star Trek slot machines. Oh, the greed.

I won $3.85.

Speaking of Geekdom ... there is a company that now wants you to invest in their technology and reserve your ad space.

On the moon.

+++

So two ad executives were lunching together one day, when one of them says, "Where's Charlie Harris been hanging out lately? I haven't seen him in awhile."

The other exec replies, "You must not have heard. Charlie went to that Big Ad Agency in the Sky."

"What?" the first exclaims. "Good grief! What did he have?"

"Nothing much. A small toothpaste account and a couple of discount stores....."


[adland.tv]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: A proof-of-purchase seal doesn't really prove that you purchased it, does it?

+++


Mark's Musings flies in on an RSS Feed and comes via e-mail each weekday. Get your own subscription - no ads! - here. Email publishing resumes on August 10.

No comments: