Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Driver's Test

ADMIN NOTE: My email list server seems to be down for maintenance so don't be surprised if today's post doesn't go out until tonight, after I've returned from my day job.

+++

So after 20-plus years, our dryer finally Kicked the Bucket. Shuffled Off Its Metallic Coil. Lost Its Load. Bought the Big Lint Farm. Well, you get the idea. Meet me at Consumer Reports.org.

Then, after you've helped me pick out a new dryer, read this cautionary tale and realize that truly, some people are put here on Earth merely to serve as a warning to others.

Statistics show that 80% of all car accidents are due to driver inattention. And of that number, the highest cause of distraction is using your cell phone in one form or another while driving. Don't do it. Just don't do it.

+++

Yesterday my son came home and said, "Well, I have good news and bad news."

"Okay," I replied, "what are they?"

"The good news is that I got 18 out of 20 on my driver's test!"

"And the bad news?"

"They were pedestrians."

[Clean Humor Digest]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: I know you're supposed to drive with your hands on the steering wheel at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock. When Daylight Savings Time ends should that change to 9 o'clock and 1 o'clock?

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email for free. Get off the phone and get your very own subscription by clicking here.

No comments: