Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reunion


Here's one of those sites you can file under "We Are All Together Smarter Than Just One Of Us Alone."

And here's the parent site, which ain't bad, neither.

+++

My wife and I were at my high school reunion.

As I looked around, I swept my fellow classmates with a critical eye, taking note of all the men in their expensive suits tailored over bulging stomachs. Proud of the fact I now weighed just five more pounds than I did in high school - mostly the result of trying to beat a living out of a rocky hillside farm - I leaned over and whispered to my wife, "I'm the only guy here who can still wear the suit he wore at graduation."

My wife also gave the crowd a discerning look and then whispered back, "You're the only guy who has to."



[with thanks to Pastor Tim's CleanLaugh]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves those who have it." (Ecclesiastes 7:12)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle (just 99¢. A month.) and arrives via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761

No comments: