Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Love's Language


Ladies, is your man cold? Uncaring? The very picture of a stoic facade? When you watch a heartwarming movie together, are you dabbing away tears while he sits there, chuckling?

Now there's hope.

German and English scientists have developed a nasal spray using oxytocin, and tests indicate it is likely to make even the staunchest of cynics melt, open up to you, and give you that which you may want the most ... a good cuddle.

And you thought I was kidding.

+++

Couples who have lived together for a long time have developed their own method of communication.

One day I heard my mother yell upstairs to my father, "What are you looking for in that closet?"

My father yelled down, "Nothing!"

My mother thought a moment, then replied, "Well, it's not in there. Look under the bed!"


[submitted by list member Lavonne T.]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "I like her because she smiles at me and means it." (Anonymous)

+++

Mark's Musings is sprayed onto an RSS Feed, sniffed in a Facebook Note, wafts on an Amazon Kindle, and makes your Inbox more fragrant via e-mail each weekday. Click to subscribe. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: