Thursday, July 31, 2008

Like A Child

I'm sorry my friends, but it's been a work week chock full of 12-hour shifts plus added responsibilities at the old Post Office, so just the joke today.

+++

Two senior citizens, Morris and Sylvester, are having a chat over coffee one morning, and Morris is complaining about his wife.

"Every time we go to the grocery store together, she treats me like a child!" Morris says.

"And how's that?" Sylvester asks.

"Honestly, if I reach for something on the shelf that looks good, she slaps my hand and says, 'Too much cholesterol!' If I just point to something I want, she shakes her head no and says, 'It will upset your tummy.' "

"So," Sylvester wonders, "what do you do about it?"

Morris sips his coffee and replies, "Well, finally I get tired of her doing that, jump out of the cart, and get it myself."

[Sorry, I can't recall the source. Must be age....]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God." (John 1:12-13)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email, and after you finish your meal and wash your hands, you can get your own subscription by clicking here ... it's free!

No comments: