Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Imposing Figure

Hmmm. On one hand it's kind of funny, but on the other hand, here's more proof the world of fashion has hit a new low: high heel shoes for babies.

They're called "Heelarious" and the little stilettos come in pink, black, and leopard and zebra prints.

The company wants to emphasize that these are "crib shoes," not meant for actual walking. The heel collapses if any weight is put on it.

Just like my faith in the fashion industry.

+++

Eight-and-a-half months along and *very* pregnant with twins, I was used to getting nervous glances from strangers when I ventured out into public, but I never realized just how imposing my figure was until my husband and I went out to dinner at a new restaurant in our area.

The hostess sat us at our table, took one long look at my stomach and asked, "Would you like me to get you a high chair, just in case?"

[with thanks to Wit and Wisdom, via Monday Fodder]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "Babies are such a nice way to start people." (Don Herrold)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email. Click here and then you can coo and pamper your very own subscription. For free!

No comments: