Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuner


ADMINISTRIVIA: Oh, totally forgot to fix my boo-boo from Friday! Yom Kippur was actually on *Saturday,* not Friday as I wrote this past week. It did begin at sunset on Friday, but the actual holiday was on Saturday. Mea culpa! Thanks to those of you who held me accountable on that.

Meanwhile, remember Hall and Oates? They had hits in nearly three decades, sold more than 60 million albums, had eight songs go to #1 on the charts, and their music has been dubbed "Rock and Soul."

Well, at some point after they'd stopped touring together, Daryl Hall had the idea that instead of going out on tour for the world, he'd bring the world into his home. So he began inviting some musician friends over ... they'd have a good meal, then make some music together ... and film the whole thing, putting it up on the web. He's recorded 34 "webisodes," featuring the likes of Train, Diane Birch, Plain White T's, Smokey Robinson, and a bunch of folks I confess I've not heard of.

And thus was born Live at Daryl's House.

+++

The doorbell rang and the lady of the house found, quite unexpectedly, a well-dressed man with a small box of smaller tools standing on her porch.

"Good day to you, madam. I am Lucius, the piano tuner," the man announced.

The lady, quite taken aback, replied, "That is certainly all well and good, young man, but I did not send for a piano tuner."

"Yes, madam, I know," said the man. "Your neighbors did."


[Doc's Daily Chuckle]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "If I were to begin life again, I would devote it to music. It is the only cheap and unpunished rapture upon earth." (Sydney Smith)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will explore Diane Birch on the Live show as well as on her official website dianebirch.com and find that she is an amazing new talent.