Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Marriage Counselor

I don't really have any way of doing demographics for my e-mail post or blog, but my guess is there are more women reading these words than men.

So ladies, this one's for you.

(Psst! Guys! There's some pretty good stuff there. Just don't let her catch you reading it!)

+++

AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE

A man and his wife were having some trouble in their relationship, so they finally decided to visit a marriage counselor.

After several weeks and many conversations, one day the counselor says, "All right. I think I understand the problem. Here is the solution."

And with that, he stands up, approaches the man's wife, asks her to stand, then proceeds to give her a long, warm hug, and whispers, "I love you so much" in her ear, loud enough for her husband to hear.

The husband takes all this in without a word.

The counselor looks down at the husband and says, in a matter-of-fact voice, "This is what your wife needs. Several times a week, if not daily."

The husband thinks for a moment, then replies, "Well, I'm not sure. I know I can have her here Tuesdays and Thursdays and Fridays, but Monday and Wednesday I golf!"


[most recently seen in The Joke Barn]

+++

WORD for YOUR WEEK: The Word Spy has discovered that clinical psychologists have been discussing those who attempt suicide, explaining that they are in extreme psychological pain, or experiencing a psychache.

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: