Thursday, September 02, 2010

Tom Swifties

For the Labor Day weekend, our daughter has two friends over. The house runneth over with teenage girls.

So I haven't had much time to run down a link for you, but try this one, just in from Christianity Today ... an interview with Christian comic Michael Jr.

+++

A FEW TOM SWIFTIES

"That leprechaun is *not* telling the truth," Tom implied.

"I'm going to expand my formal garden," Tom said, morosely.

"I'm getting a job in television, holding cue cards," Tom said promptly.

"The bar was out of drinks," Tom said, dispiritedly.

"I'll cast myself in plaster," Tom cried, hoping to make a good impression.

"You were two short of giving me a dozen," Tom said, tensely.

"I love putting toppings on hot dogs," Tom said, with relish.

"I let her in without a ticket," Tom admitted.


[selected from JokeMaster]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "The earth is filled with your love, O Lord; teach me your decrees." (Psalm 119:64)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptionsare free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: