Monday, September 13, 2010

Not the Best Thing

My apologies for a long absence last week. Lately my life has only let me get to writing very late in the evening, and by the time I've finished, it's too late or I'm just too pooped to format the post for e-mail, so I've just been throwing it up here on the blog. Be sure to check out the previous posts, and snatch a peek at the 30-second Subaru commercial I posted as a bonus on Sunday.

Tonight appears to be no different than last week, except I'm determined to get something all the way into your Inbox today.

So let me give you a tip for a Monday. Go to your favorite restaurant. Eateries are not so busy on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, so it will be easier for you to become recognized as a regular patron of the establishment on those days. And once you're recognized as a regular, good things begin to happen for you there.

I learned this from an old Reader's Digest piece on 20 Things Your Waiter Won't Tell You.

+++

SIGNS YOU MAY NOT HAVE ORDERED THE BEST THING ON THE MENU

"Yes, sir, the tuna is an excellent vintage."

Your dinner is the only one on the menu with a "Recommended Antidote" listed right below it.

You're in a fast food restaurant. There *is* no "best thing" on the menu. It's all vile.

Your waiter wins a $50 bonus for being the first one to sell that dish this month. The date? The 29th.

Instead of the little icon that indicates a dish is spicy, there's a little skull-and-crossbones next to it.

"Sir, you wouldn't mind tipping in advance, would you?"

[selected from Chris White's Top Five on Food]

+++

WELCOME to YOUR WEEK: September is ADHD Month (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). It's Line Dance Week, though personally I prefer Rhomboid Dancing. It's Substitute Teacher Appreciation Week (I've actually tried substitute teaching. Once.) And at the end of the week, my daughter has a birthday, and it's Yom Kippur.

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: