Thursday, September 09, 2010

Pie Refund


So many of you know I am dieting. Again.

The folks at Neatorama have published an old Mental Floss blog entry on the History of Fad Dieting. Given my current state of nutritional affairs, it caught my attention.

+++

A man walked into a bakery, carrying a pie box. He approached the clerk at the counter. The clerk said, 'Yes, sir, what can I do for you?"

The man replied, "I want my money back! I bought this pie here yesterday."

The clerk opened the box, looked at him and said, "But, where's the PIE?"

The man said, "I ate it! ALL of it!"

So the clerk asked him why he thought he should get his money back if he had eaten all the pie.

"See here on the box? It says it's supposed to feed 6 people! I am NOT 6 people!"


[Pastor Tim's Illustrations]


+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. (1 Timothy 6:7-9)

+++


Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook
Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: