Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Suit Sale


Hey, if you can afford to spare a buck or three, please click here to support my Crop Walk fundraiser and fight poverty. I walk on Sunday and only have 17% of my goal so far. Thank you so much!

===

One of the biggest problems with buying clothes online is that, unlike in-person retail shops, you can't try them on or see how they will look on you, unless you have a *very* good imagination.

Well, Popular Science reports that those clever chaps in Estonia have developed a robot that can mimic 2,000 separate male body shapes. A retailer sends their clothes to the company, where they are placed on the robot and it cycles through all 2,000 shapes, taking a digital snapshot of each one.

At the retailer's site, you'll enter your body's dimensions and they'll call up the matching photo, so you won't have to use quite so much of your imagination.

A female version of the robot is predicted to be available by the end of the year.

+++

When the store manager returned from lunch, he noticed that his clerk's hand was bandaged, but before he could ask about it, the clerk hurries up to him and exclaims, "Guess what, sir?!"

"I don't know. Tell me," replies the manager.

"I finally sold that terribly ugly suit we've had on display for so long!"

The store manager glances at the corner window where now there stands an empty suit rack. "You mean," he asks, "that repulsive pink-and-blue double-breasted thing?"

"That's the one!" cries the clerk.

"That's great!" the manager enthuses. "I thought we'd never get rid of that monstrosity! That had to be the ugliest suit I've ever seen in my life. But tell me, what has happened to your hand?"

"Oh, this," the clerk responds, looking down at his hand, "well, after I sold the gentleman that suit, his guide dog bit me."


[Net 153's Smile A Day]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile." (Lee Mildon)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: