Thursday, December 18, 2008

Special

You know that song, "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth?"

Well, the mother of a Tampa Bay man has taken out an ad in the Tampa papers saying, "All I Want for Christmas is ... a Wife for My Son."

It reminds me of the old joke about a young woman in her 20s who goes up to sit on Santa's lap at the mall and before he allows her to do so, Santa warns that because of her age, she can only ask for a gift for someone else. She agrees, takes her place on his lap, and then asks Santa to bring her mother a son-in-law.

Only this is no joke.

+++

Mary was wondering if her boyfriend, John, was taking their relationship seriously enough.

So one day she decided just to come out and ask him straight up about it.

John just looked hurt in an "I-can't-believe-you'd-ask-me-that" way and said, "Mary, do you know how special you are to me?"

Then he held up his cell phone. "I use my *daytime* minutes on you!"

[Clean Humor Digest]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." (Psalm 23:6)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent via RSS Feed and email each weekday. Get your own subscription - for free - by clicking here.

No comments: