Friday, December 19, 2008

Random Thoughts V

As I write this early Friday morning, we are in the midst of our biggest snowstorm of the season thus far. If the meteorologists are to be believed, we'll have anywhere from eight to eighteen inches of snow on the ground by this evening. Already I can't see the road from my office window, just a vista of white landscape throughout the neighborhood. Every school in the county and parts north has announced they will be closed today and thus begin their Christmas vacations early. Bet Mom and I will still have to lug ourselves into work, though.

Anyway, as I enjoy the merry prospect of digging out the driveway in just a bit, you enjoy your final installment of random thoughts.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

RANDOM ACTS of THINKING
Part the Last

"Layering" is a good way to keep warm. I usually go shirt, sweater, jacket, house.

Bono Fatigue: It could happen to U2.

Silence isn't always golden; sometimes it's just plain yellow.

I tried to prove Murphy's Law once, but something kept going wrong.

What do sheep count when they can't get to sleep?

Why is it called an orange? Doesn't that mean we should call a banana a yellow?

When I'm nervous I get butterflies in my stomach. I guess before that I have cocoons.

If the shoe fits ... get another one just like it.

I asked my wife why there were so many dings and dents on the passenger side of her car. She said the brakes must be bad on that side.

If a hypochondriac doesn't have any symptoms, is he suffering from a lack of imagination?

The world would be so much better if we could solve two problems:
1. Making ends meet.
2. Making meetings end.

I got my dog a cell phone but when I got the first bill I was appalled at all the wasted minutes. I thought for sure I had taught him how to roll over.

When the post office only sends half your package, do they call that partial post?

If you freeze something it becomes frozen. Then why is it that when you squeeze something, it doesn't become squozen?

My church never knows what's going to happen on Sunday morning. It's for people who don't like organized religion.

[motivated, moved, measured, migrated, mixed in, and monitored from Hallmark's Maxine, Lark News, One Big Happy, Aha Jokes, Speed Bump, Pardon My Planet, and the mind of Mark Raymond]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Well, time to think about grabbing a shovel ... hmm, maybe that's what I'll do, just *think* about it.

I'll see you on Monday, after we dig out here.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: It's probably too late to get these gifts for this Christmas, but you'll find some wonderful New Year's gifts to help us all become a little more planet-friendly at http://www.livescience.com/environment/081217-pf-green-gifts.html. Many are reasonably priced, as well!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is certified by the folks at Habeas to be spam-free. That means I'll never email you spam. Subscribe, view past issues in the Archives, and click all you want at my web site. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. Well, there's only five more shopping days before Christmas. Guess it's time to go get something for my wife. You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. The credits are like the elves to Santa's post. Original material and commentary © 2008 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of this post daily and occasionally toss in bonus material on the weekends (and this past week even on a Wednesday). Look for the label that says "Weekend" and you can bring them all up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Anybody have a snowblower they don't need and want to give away?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!" (Hamilton Wright Mabie)

No comments: