Friday, December 12, 2008

Quick Note

ADMINISTRIVIA: Welcome to all the new subscribers who saw my ad in Mikey's Funnies! Most every day my post will be sent to you very early in the morning, and certainly before noon (well, at least noon here in the States). But long time readers know that schedule has gotten a little more unpredictable lately, due to several factors. Today is one of those days. Mark's Musings for Friday, December 12 will be officially posted later this evening.

Normally I wouldn't take the step of telling you about this, but since there are so many new readers today - advertising works! - that I wanted to give you a heads up.

Meanwhile, let me make this post worth your while by telling you about the cool way to customize Google I've recently found. Create a Google account, if you don't already have one - it's free - and then at the Google home page (http://www.google.com), up at the top of the screen next to your email address, click the "iGoogle" link.

You can set this up however you wish. There's a gaggle of Google gadgets (which is fun to say five times fast), and you can make the focus of all those widgets fit your interests. This will then become your default Google search page. You can also add RSS feed boxes. (Rich Site Summary Feeds) I've recently added RSS functionality to this blog (see the bar to the right), and at iGoogle you can see when I update the blog. It makes for a pretty nice homepage if you're unhappy with your current one. And you can always go back to the "classic" Google search page with a simple click of the mouse.

Thanks for your patience with me today and I'll see you later this evening.

Mark

No comments: