Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Clean Floors

Next Spring you can shell out $1,200 and never have to buy bottled water again.

A Canadian company called Element Four has created a device that sucks in air, cools it to the point dew forms, then squeezes the moisture out of it and runs it through several filtering processes to give you crystal clear drinking water straight from your kitchen tap.

Called the WaterMill, it runs on a very little bit of electricity - about the same as you'd use to power three light bulbs - and its source for water is unlimited ... air itself.

The only drawback to the device is that it needs humidity, so if you live in the Southwest or a very arid region of the planet, probably best to keep the bottled water supply stocked.

+++

The water line from the city pipes into our house had developed a leak and some workmen were fixing it. I busied myself with some cleaning inside.

I had just finished washing the kitchen floor when there was a knock on the door and one of the workmen asked to use the bathroom. Surveying his muddy shoes and my clean floor, I said, "Wait ... let me put down some newspapers first."

The man smiled and said, "It's alright, miss ... I'm already trained and housebroken."

[Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "I believe that water is the only drink for a wise man." (Henry David Thoreau)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email and RSS feed. Wet your whistle with your very own subscription for free here.

No comments: