Friday, December 12, 2008

Shoe Business

How do you tie your shoes? How many ways are there?

Ian Fieggen - "a friendly Aussie guy" - says there are probably more than two trillion ways to tie your shoes. But at his website, he shows you a slightly-more-easy-to-manage number of just three dozen, along with a ton of other information about shoes and lacing, in general.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

SHOE JOKES

A man walks into a shoe store and tries on a pair of shoes.

"How do they feel?" asks the salesman.

"Well, I'm afraid they're a bit tight."

The salesman bends down and looks at the shoes more closely and then says, "Ah, I think I see the problem. Try pulling the tongue out."

"Okayth, but theyth stillth feelth a bith tighth."

===

Did I tell you about the Shoe family? They got so depressed when Daddy Shoe got laid off ... he was the family's sole support.

===

If leather makes good shoes, do banana peels make good slippers?

===

A man was riding the subway home one night, very late in the evening, and there was only one other person in the car, way down at the other end. The man took the opportunity to quietly light up a big cigar for a quick smoke.

Moments later, he heard the woman at the other end of the car say in a loud voice, "Would you please put out that cigar? There's no smoking in here, you know."

Abashed, the man pinched off the end of the stogie and tucked the cigar back into his pocket. A few minutes later he noticed his foot was cramping up and slipped of his shoe to massage it.

Moments later, he heard the woman's voice again, "Would you please light up that cigar?"

[selected from several online sources and Laugh Letter; editing by Mark Raymond]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Sorry again today's post went out so late. I'll try to do better next week!

I've got three meetings tomorrow. I hope you'll sit back, relax and enjoy your weekend, however, and I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: My family loves to watch movies. We'd go every weekend if it weren't for meetings and work and other social engagements. And being the information junkie I am, I also like news about movies and upcoming movies ... especially when it's flavored with a Christian worldview. You can find that at http://www.christianitytoday.com/movies/features/news.html. Click the "Reel News" links for all kinds of interesting tidbits.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is certified by the folks at Habeas to be spam-free. That means I'll never email you spam. Subscribe, view past issues in the Archives, and click all you want at my web site. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. Three meetings. Wow. Really? Really. You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. Pretend the credits have leprosy and don't touch 'em. Original material and commentary © 2008 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of this post daily and occasionally toss in bonus material on the weekends. Look for the label that says "Weekend" and you can bring them all up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. I should be helping my wife clean the house right now. Shame on me.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name." (Evan Esar)

No comments: