Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Painting


A company called San Base Studio in Toronto, Canada, has created something it calls "Digital Dynamic Painting." It's digital because it uses computer technology; it's dynamic because it constantly changes, and it's painting because it's art. And they claim it's never the same picture twice. If you're a traditionalist, you can also get printed pictures in super-high-definition resolution.

Wall units start at $695. You can also get the technology with a DVD player for your company's waiting room.

By the way, before everyone writes to comment on it, there's an small misspelling in the banner on the site. I guess it's just a reminder that these people are artists, not English majors.

+++

AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE

Being pretty new to computers, I was learning some of the little programs that came with it, and using the Paint program, I managed to create a very credible "still life" painting of a basket of fruit. After admiring it for awhile, I made a color print of it and mailed it to my grown daughter.

She called when it arrived.

"Isn't it good?" I asked.

She chuckled and in a voice that reminded me of my own so many years ago, she said, "Mom, it's beautiful. We put it on the refrigerator."

[Syman Says]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." (Pablo Picasso)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email. You can get your very own subscription for free by clicking here.

No comments: