Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Drug Problem

Are ultra-violet rays addictive? Medical researchers in Australia say yes, they are.

Personally, I burn very easily, so I tend to be a sun-avoider ... but now we can add "sun abuse" to our list of addictive behaviors, it seems.

+++

I had a drug problem when I was young...

I was drug to church on Sunday morning.

I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.

I was drug to family reunions no matter what the weather was doing.

I was drug to school every day.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful.

I was drug across my Daddy's knee when I was disrespectful and disobedient.

These drugs still course through my veins and affect everything I do and say, even today. They are stronger than marijuana, cocaine, or heroin, and if today's generation had this kind of drug problem, America might just be a better place.

[first seen in JokeMaster]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: When does it stop being mostly cloudy and start being partly sunny?

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email. Drag your mouse to your very own subscription by clicking here. (It's free. Both the subscription and the click.)

No comments: