Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Married Phrases


Today is the 25th anniversary of the day my wife and I said "I will." Our silver anniversary. While in the Olympics that means you finished second, she's still first in my heart, and I in hers.

+++

MEN AND MARRIAGE
Over the Years

At 2 weeks: I love you! I love you! I love you so much!
At 6 months: I love you, too, honey.
At 2 years: Of course I love you.
At 25 years: Oh, COME ON, if I didn't love you, would I have married you?

At 2 weeks: Honey, I'm home from work!
At 6 months: I'm home!
At 2 years: What's for supper?
At 25 years: No, that's okay, I can heat it up.

At 2 weeks: Sweetheart, one of your girlfriends is on the phone for you.
At 6 months: Baby, here, it's for you.
At 2 years: Your sister is calling ... *again.*
At 25 years: ANSWER THE PHONE!

At 2 weeks: Wow, you look like an angel in that new dress.
At 6 months: You bought *another* new dress?
At 2 years: How much did that one cost me?
At 25 years: Don't know what you needed that for, we never go anywhere.

At 2 weeks: Honey, what do you want to watch tonight?
At 6 months: But I really like this movie. Can't I finish it?
At 2 years: I'm just going to watch ESPN for awhile, you go on up to bed.
At 25 years: zzzzz-snorxxxx---Hey! I was watching that!

ANSWERS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL VERY MUCH IN LOVE AFTER 25 YEARS:

1. Baby, I love you more today than the day I married you.
2. Whatever you whip up is great. I *love* your cooking!
3. Hello? Yeah, hold on, my little love bunny is right here.
4. Wow, you look like an angel in that new dress!
5. Let's say we turn off the TV and snuggle....

[Joe's Clean Laffs with lots of additional material by Mark Raymond]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: If you don't believe in love at first sight, do you walk by attractive people twice?

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email. You can get your own subscription for free without ever kissing and making up by clicking here.

No comments: