Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Clever Man

PERSONAL ASIDE: So if you live in the eastern Michigan area, tomorrow night my band presents "An Evening of Praise, Worship, and Special Music" at the amphitheater in the Clio city park, starting at 7:00 p.m. Admission is free. We're excited! (Even though we're not listed on the theater's agenda....)

===

A new book out publishing 30 years of study and surveys of more than 10,000 adults says that the way you view time will determine your level of health, wealth, and happiness. (I think they have, typically, overlooked the spirituality factor, but I confess I've not read the book.)

The study does, however, remind me of an old James Taylor song in which he writes, "The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time..."

+++

After a lengthy conversation at a wedding reception, a man was asked by a widow to guess her age.

When he hesitated, she urged him on, saying, "Oh, come now, you must have some idea."

"I have several ideas," he admitted with a smile, "but my trouble is I don't know whether to guess 10 years younger due to your looks, or 10 years older due to your wisdom."

They've been dating for some time, now.

[Clean Humor Digest]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Why do we keep hearing about people working longer hours? Aren't they still just 60 minutes long?

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email and hey, if you've got the time, you can get your own subscription for free by clicking here.

No comments: