Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Truck Repair

Wayne Gerdes drives a 2005 Honda and has figured out how to get nearly 50 miles per gallon from it with a technique he calls "hypermiling," which consists, among other things, of turning your engine off frequently and coasting ... even in traffic if the situation is right.

He's even created a website about the concept.

And here's the news story where I picked it up.

+++

After I purchased my truck, I bought a book on gasoline engines so I wouldn't be ripped off at the repair shop.

When the truck finally needed some work, I smugly wrote down what the problem was and what needed to be fixed when I took it in for repairs.

That night after work, when I returned for the truck, I found this note attached to the steering wheel:

"I fixed what was wrong with your truck, but in order for me to fix the problem you described, you'll have to bring in your lawn mower. I suggest you re-read a couple of the chapters."

It was signed "Mike" and then, "P.S. - My wife has the same book."

[Clean Humor Digest with edits by Mark Raymond]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?" (Chuck Palahniuk)

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent via email each weekday. Gas up your own subscription by clicking here.

No comments: