Thursday, December 02, 2010

Rejected TSA Slogans


Well, what was supposed to be a one week trip for my wife to help get her parents to Florida will have turned into a month or longer due to her stepfather's medical issues. In fact, we are now even investigating the possibility of flying the family down to see her on Christmas weekend, pending the results of another pair of her stepdad's doctor's appointments, because she may need to stay into January.

I'm just grateful my daughter is now so capable with helping me around the house, picking up much of the work Bonnie normally does and allowing me to continue my extracurricular projects, such as this post and several others to which I've vaguely referred recently.

To help with your family's organizational needs, try the free family calendar - that can be edited by any family member and is also available via any Internet-connected mobile device - at Cozi. They also have shopping and to-do lists, all free. Once you sign up, you can even create a family website.

Meanwhile, I've been busy checking out flights and travel arrangements and I've realized that sooner or later one of us will be bumping up against the new TSA (Transportation Security Administration) regulations and scanners.

+++

REJECTED SLOGANS FOR THE TSA

Can't see London, can't see France, unless we see your underpants.

Grope discounts available.

We rub you the wrong way so you can be on your way.

If we did our job any better, we'd have to buy you dinner first.

It's not a grope. It's a freedom pat.

Don't worry, my hands are still warm from the last guy.



[submitted by list member Pierre L.]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord." (Proverbs 19:14)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

2 comments:

Patrick Hogan said...

Your tax dollars 'at work'.

Saw a reference yesterday to "Touching Sensitive Areas."

Mark said...

When I was researching photos to accompany this post, I saw shots of actual TSA screeners doing their job, which now apparently includes checking the cleavage of women and doing the same test on men that my doctor used to do to check for a hernia. (It was women checking women and men checking men ... but yow!)