Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grocery Errand

Like finding deals on the Web? Are you the kind of person who clips coupons and saves money at the stores?

Then you might like this.

+++

After a long day out, my mother and I stopped at our local grocery store on the way home. I ran in to pick up just a few things, leaving her in the car.

As I approached the checkout, I was surprised to find her standing there, waiting for me.

"Mom," I said, "what are you doing here? I left the motor running."

"I know, dear," Mom replied, "and it's all right. I locked the doors."


[Reader's Digest via Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami ... someone needs to tell the turkey, 'Man, just be yourself.' " (Mitch Hedberg)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, an Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: