Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dog Shoes


I don't usually click through any of the advertising banners posted on the websites I visit, but this morning I saw one that featured a rainbow-colored athletic shoe, and it caught my eye. That's just the kind of footwear I would choose for when my band plays somewhere.

What I found was that for $62 (plus shipping), you can customize your very own athletic shoe, right down to the color of the stitching and you can even have a "personal ID" monogrammed into it.

But then I wondered if this was made in the U.S.A., because most shoes aren't. And that led me to this site, which I thought you might find helpful as you go about your holiday shopping.

I ask a moment of indulgence from my international readers.

+++

My dog chewed up the tongue on one of my new, very expensive running shoes. I hoped to save my investment, so I took it to a shoe repair shop.

I dropped the shoe on the counter and told the man, "My dog got hold of this."

He picked the shoe up, looked it over carefully, nodded his head and murmured, "uh huh, uh huh," then put the shoe back down.

"Well, what do you recommend?" I asked.

He looked me levelly in the eye and replied, "Give your dog the other shoe."


[Pastor Tim's Illustrations]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Why are there so many magazines about running? Doesn't it all come down to rapidly placing one foot in front of the other?

+++


Mark's Musings jogs into your Inbox every weekday and you can get it by clicking here. It's also available via RSS Feed. See the right column.

No comments: