Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Gastroscopyville

So I had a gastroscopy today. You get the idea from the photo at the left, right?

They started an IV drip, hooked me up to some oxygen, strapped a plastic cylinder into my mouth, rolled me onto my left side and started a sedative. Next thing I know I'm feeling a little dizzy and the very next thing I remember is waking up with a sore throat.

A really, really, really sore throat.

And a hiatal hernia.

For which there really isn't any surgery, from what I can discover on the web. Just need to take it easy and make a few lifestyle changes. Like the way I stand, the way I eat, and everything else about the way I live.

Hmmm, this may take some time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can relate. Having had the procedure you had PLUS a colonoscopy in May, along with a bone scan that showed some thinning of the bone, I have had to make several "adjustments" to my lifestyle, including two new medications. For a 50-something male, taking a medication usually advertised for women (Actonel) is a really interesting development. To quote someone, "I don't know how I came to be over the hill when I never knew I was on top."