Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Rainy Days and Wednesdays

It's been raining on and off for a week, now, with no end in near sight. Cloudy, cold, and hardly Spring-like. I can't remember the last time I had nothing to do and nowhere to go, but all this rain has me thinking about how nice that might be.

The first thing I'd do is sleep. The kind of deep sleep where you soak your pillow with the drool and wake up to three civil noise infractions from your neighbors due to the snoring.

Then I'd bail out my Inbox so Outlook Express doesn't go under from the weight of so many unfiled e-mails.

I'd catch up on some of the fantasy baseball research articles I seldom have time to read.

I'd brew a half pot of coffee and munch on toast and butter while reading some backlogged magazines.

I"d explore some new secret intimacies with the missus.

I'd curl up in a corner of the sofa with a really good science fiction book and go walking amongst the stars and visit alien vistas and feel, somehow, mildly disappointed when I put the book down and realized I was still here on Earth.

I'd reread my prayer and scripture journal and make a new entry.

I'd break out the Cribbage board and play a few matches with my kids.

I'd dust off some of the DVD/Video boxes in our collection and watch some classic movies or television shows.

And then I'd sleep some more.

So what would you do on a rainy day with nothing to do and nowhere to go?

No comments: