Thursday, February 10, 2011

Formal Attire


As I was looking for the "Word for Your Week" in yesterday's kicker, I stumbled across the "Top Ten Valentine's Day Words" over at Merriam-Webster. They even throw in a bit about where the word originated.

+++

I'm a medical technologist, which requires frequent handwashing. When you combine that with the dry weather conditions in winter, my skin becomes very dry.

To counteract this condition, one night as I prepared for bed, I rubbed my hands with a thick layer of hand lotion, then covered them with an old pair of white dress gloves.

As I sat reading a book in bed with those gloves on, my husband finished his shower and came into the room wearing only a towel.

Drying himself off, he went to the closet, selected a dapper silk tie, and put it on.

"Whatever are you doing?" I asked.

"Well," he replied, "if you're going to bed so formal, so am I."


[Pastor Tim's Cybersalt Digest]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.” (1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: