Thursday, December 09, 2010

Random Christmas Thoughts


I spent some quality time with my daughter last night and didn't get around to e-mailing a post out to you. It is here just down below, however, so I hope you take a quick moment to read it.

If you have some friends who aren't close enough to send a *real* Christmas card - acquaintances and coworkers, perhaps, you know who I mean - but you'd like to send them just a little something to keep the relationship fresh, try one of these e-cards for Christmas built by and for Fidelity Investments. They are short, clever, and the upside is that by doing so, Fidelity donates $1.00 to public schools for the purchase of musical instruments.

Last December Bonnie and I bought several boxes of Christmas cards that were on sale after the holidays so we could send them out this season.

Now, if I could only find them....

+++

CHRISTMAS RANDOM ACTS of THINKING

Christmas is that time of year when you exchange hellos with strangers, and good buys with friends.

Some people put so many lights on their house you're not sure if they're celebrating the birth of Christ or the birth of General Electric.

Christmas is that time of year when everyone gets so Santamental.

I know, I know. "It's the thought that counts." But gee, couldn't people think a little bigger?

While Christmas is in our hearts one month a year, VISA makes sure we're reminded of it the other eleven months.

They have so many creative things on the market this year! I just saw "Neurotic Barbie." It comes already wound up.

Back in my day, we didn't have a Christmas tree. We had a Christmas stump.

Overheard in the hobby shop store: "That's a great Star Trek set. I'll take it!" Clerk says, "Very good, sir, your son will love it." Dad replies, "Hmmm, maybe you're right. I better get two!"


[selected with my thanks from Ed Peacher's Laughter for a Saturday; some editing by yours truly]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned." (Isaiah 9:2)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: