Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Notre Dame vs. MSU


In the interest of time, just the joke today. Lots of links in yesterday's post.

This one's for all you football fans, as the season winds down and the playoffs approach.

+++

As a Catholic, I'm partial to Notre Dame football. As a former Michigan resident, though, I also keep tabs on Michigan college football teams. One Saturday afternoon, a neighbor dropped in while I was watching Notre Dame play Michigan State.

"Which team do you want to win?" he asked.

"Gosh, I don't know," I replied. "I'm kind of torn between Church and State."


[Robert A. Kozma in Reader's Digest Online]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings." (George F. Will)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: