Friday, May 21, 2010

Moses' Bad News

Well, my wife and daughter are headed out of town for a nephew's graduation Open House this weekend. Goodness, is it that time of year already? Meanwhile, my band and I will once again be providing the worship and praise music for a Men's Conference out of town, as well. I guess we'll need someone to watch the cat overnight. Any volunteers? Bueller?

Hey, speaking of obscure movie references ... turns out Hollywood actor Kevin Costner is actually spending his millions on something worthwhile. He invested in "vacuum barge" technology and is *donating* six of these new contraptions (about $24 million worth) to British Petroleum to help clean up the Gulf Oil Spill. Pretty generous.

Maybe this will help offset that "Waterworld" movie....

+++

As the Israelites toiled under the slavery of the Egyptians, God called down to Moses one day.

"Moses," said the Lord, "I've got good news and bad news."

"Most Merciful God," Moses replied, "if I have brought you any favor, please give me the good news first."

"Moses, the good news is that I have chosen you to deliver my people from their bondage," God answered. "I will force Pharaoh to release my children by causing years of pestilence in Egypt. There will be plagues of locusts and frogs and incredible devastation will be upon the land. Pharaoh's armies will chase you as you try to leave, but do not fear for I will part the waters of the Red Sea to aid in your escape."

"Oh, great and mighty God, may it be as you say." Moses paused. "And the bad news?"

"You'll have to prepare the Environmental Impact Statement."

[Mikey's Funnies]

+++

WEBSITE of the WEEK: Barbara Feldman has been blogging for years. One of her first was about surfing the Internet with and for children. So if you have kids on the computer, or - from my average demographic - grandchildren on the Web - check out http://www.surfnetkids.com/. There's also a free newsletter you can get that brings her posts right into your Inbox. Just like me!

+++

Mark's Musings is, as always, available via RSS Feed or Facebook Note or Amazon Kindle or e-mail each weekday. Subscriptions are free.

No comments: