Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Peanuts

I haven't seen much of them lately, but do you remember those styrofoam packing "peanuts" companies used in packaging to fill up the space and give some protection to whatever was inside the box?

What if they were *really* peanuts? Or at least edible? Check out the video from "Future Food" chefs Omar and Ben as they take this biodegradable, edible treat to an actual post office.

+++

A teacher in charge of a field trip to the zoo was dismayed when she was summoned to the security office. There sat three of her charges. She was informed they had been causing a commotion at the elephant exhibit.

"All right, now, boys," said the chief of security, "I want you to tell me your names and what you were doing there at the elephant's pen. If you lie to me, I'll know because we have your teacher right here."

The first boy said, "My name is Gary, and I was just trying to throw peanuts at the elephants."

The second boy said, "My name is Samuel, and I was just throwing peanuts to the elephants, too."

The third boy was a little more shaken up, and said, "My name is Peter, but my friends call me Peanuts."


[You Make Me Laugh via Good Clean Funnies List]

+++

WORD for YOUR WEEK: If you are a teetotaler, what are you? Originally, you would be a person who has sworn off alcoholic drink of any kind. The first part, "tee," is simply a re-emphasis of the first letter in the word "total." Think of it as a shorthand way of saying "Total with a capital 'T'." Nowadays the word can be used to describe a person who has sworn off anything.

+++

Get Mark's Musings on an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, on Amazon's Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: