Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hiding Place


Whether you shun the world of electronic publishing (eBooks) or embrace it and them, you have to admit it's a medium that seems here to stay.

And beginning July 4 and running for a month, you can download more than three-and-a-half million e-books, for free, at the World eBook Fair.

+++

In a spy novel I had just read, the hero hid a letter in a particular statue in the Washington, DC area. Since I was in the city at the time, I decided, on a whim, to visit the statue and see if it really did contain the small niche the author had described.

To my great surprise, it did. And even better, a letter wrapped in cellophane was stuck inside the niche!

After only a moment's hesitation, I pulled out the letter, unwrapped it, then opened it. And then I burst into laughter.

An unidentified hand had penned, "Good book, wasn't it?"


[Basic Jokes]

+++

Mark's Musings is available via RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, an Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: