Thursday, June 17, 2010

God's Mess

Today is the day many traditionally celebrate the birth of John Wesley, who is considered to be the founder of the United Methodist Church. He would be 307 years old.

For an institution that's nearly three centuries along, that website has some pretty interesting stuff on it.

+++

I was the teacher for a toddler-aged Sunday School class, which included my 14-month old daughter. During our lesson on creation, I'd ask questions like, "Who made the trees?" or "Who made the sun?" and the children would respond, "God did!" I was pleased that the children seemed to quickly learn that God made everything.

The lessons at home weren't going so well. I had tried repeatedly to get my daughter to pick up her toys when she was done with them, and she just wasn't learning this very quickly at all. One day I walked into the living room to find toys scattered simply everywhere. In exasperation I asked, "Who made this mess?!"

My daughter looked at me, beamed a proud smile, and exclaimed, "God did!"


[A Dose of Inspiration via Wit and Wisdom]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature -- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." (Romans 1:20)

+++

Get Mark's Musings on an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, on Amazon's Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: