Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Checking In

Well, this explains why my bank offers me "reward points" and prizes for signing my name on a charge instead of using the PIN for my debit card.

And the rich get richer....

+++

AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE

When I worked as a clerk for a large hotel chain, I would often personalize my transactions by glancing at the name on the credit card the guest was using and then use his or her name as we finished the check-in or check-out procedure.

During one very busy check-in evening, a guest was using a corporate card and I failed to catch that. As I handed him back his card, I said, "Have a pleasant stay with us, Mr. Bell."

"Oh, please," he replied pleasantly, "call me Taco."


[used March 1, 2005, in Mark Mail]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Are the three dimensions of a credit card length, width, and debt?

+++


Mark's Musings can be deposited right into your own Inbox each weekday (for free) by clicking here. Or you can get it on an RSS Feed, read it on Facebook if you're my friend, or download it to your Amazon Kindle.

No comments: