Friday, February 13, 2009

Validation


While scouting material for the Friday post late Thursday night, I stumbled upon a 16-minute short film called "Validation." It impacted me deeply and I just had to post it quickly.

Lately my wife has been having all kinds of trouble ... unexplained (as yet) dizziness, light-headedness, nausea, diarrhea, sweats, clammy skin, and she's prone to nearly fainting. We're going through a whole battery of tests to find out what's wrong. She's had a colonoscopy, a brain MRI, a complete blood workup, a cardiac stress test, a 5-hour fasting glucose test, a carotid artery doppler study, and we go see a neurologist next week. And since late January, she's been prohibited from driving due to her severe symptoms, though she hasn't been prohibited from working. Since her job has different hours than my job, I've been kind of running myself ragged trying to make sure everyone who needs to be somewhere gets there and, well ... she's sick and tired of being sick and tired and me, I'm just tired.

So when I saw this little film by Ken Kuenne, it just put a smile on my face. I hope it does for you, too. Everyone needs a little validation.

One note for the family-friendly purists, there is *one* h-e-double-hockey-sticks said in the film. The rest is absolutely G-rated.

If you don't feel better after watching it, I'll gladly refund your money.



The film won the award for "Best Live Action Short Film" at the 2007 Cleveland Film Festival.

In other news, Cleveland has a film festival....

No comments: