Saturday, January 10, 2009

Remember ... Patty Duke?


Yesterday I was gazing at the 2009 Stamp Preview we have at work ... part of my job, y'know. One of the stamps coming out - on August 11, I believe - is that "Classic TV Show" piece of postage you see there to the left.

And speaking of classic TV, whatever happened to Patty Duke? Well, the actress that portrayed her has taken up the character once again ... this time for the benefit of Social Security. Turns out they're trying to shorten their lines by getting folks to conduct their business online.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,

Never much liked Patty Duke but that's beside the point. I'm still about a decade away from retiring, but it's good to know that the site is there although I'm sure it will undergo many reiterations before I have the opportunity to use it. Thanks.

John

Mark said...

I never watched the show much, either, but my wife did. Patty being a girl and all probably appealed to her more than to myself.

There's one other 20-second video clip on YouTube where Patty says, "Signing up for Social Security online is easier than trying to relearn the Watusi."

Her delivery made me laugh out loud. It's nice to see these celebrities can still use their fame for something worthwhile.