Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Second Job

While we're on the subject of Japan, let's talk about Nagi Noda.

The young lady is a 35-year old pop artist who dabbles in a wide range of artistic endeavors.

The one that caught my attention was her work known as "Hair Hats." The link takes you to a Flash photo, which I haven't got the software to reproduce for you. But if you click on each model, you'll see an enlarged photo that may make your jaw drop. Given Ms. Noda's talents, I don't think any of these where photoshopped, though that may be your first thought.

But you have to own a great deal of hair on your head and undoubtedly quite some patience if you want one.

And a high, high tolerance for hairspray. My goodness.

+++

Many people hold down two jobs, so I wasn't surprised when my hairdresser mentioned to me that he also worked part-time at another location.

"Where else do you work?" I inquired.

"At the race track," he replied.

"Oh? What do you do there?"

As he finished a few styling flourishes, he said, "I groom horses."

[with thanks to Reader's Digest via Joe's Clean Laffs]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." (Kahlil Gibran)

+++


Mark's Musings is also shampoo'd, dried, moussed, teased, and tangled via email each weekday. You can let your hair down with your very own subscription by clicking here.

No comments: