Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nice Ad Lib


Being the big baseball fan that I am, I'm happy to say the World Series begins tonight with a pair of teams who haven't played on that big stage for decades. In the case of the Rangers ... ever!

Tonight's match-up of Cy Young candidates Tim Lincecum versus Cliff Lee should be an exercise in how to pitch. You can tune in (the game begins at 7:57 p.m. EST), or follow along via your live blogging hosts at USA Today's Daily Pitch. At least, they usually live blog these things.

+++

There was a knock at my door. It was a small boy, about ten years old. He told me that something of his had found its way into my garage, and he would like it back.

So I invited him in, we walked through the house and, upon opening the door from the kitchen to the garage, I noticed a baseball lying on the floor, and a window sporting a baseball-sized hole a few feet away.

As I retrieved the ball I said, "Huh, how do you suppose this wound up in here?"

The boy was quick, I'll give him that. He pointed to the hole in the window and said, "Wow! I must have thrown it right through that hole!"


[Clean Hewmor via Doc's Daily Chuckle]

+++

WORD for YOUR WEEK: Three-and-a-half years ago I wrote a blog entry to explain some of the more unusual terms in baseball's language. You can find it here. I should probably think about finishing that series at some point.

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

No comments: