Thursday, October 07, 2010

Big Date


So last week Bonnie and I attended a fundraiser for our local Food Bank. While there, I submitted a bid in their silent auction for a serving platter autographed by Michigan (and Hollywood) celebrity, Tim Allen.

Well, as you can see by the photo, I won!

But, as my daughter asked ... now what? Display it? Use it? Sell it? Post your thoughts in the Comments section below.

+++

A young man called his mother to explain excitedly that he had just met the woman of his dreams and what should he do next?

"Well, your father sent me flowers, and then invited me over for a home-cooked meal," Mom replied.

"That's a great idea! I'm seeing her on Saturday ... I'll do it!"

Sunday rolls around and Mom rings up her son to see how the big date had gone.

"Oh, Mom," moans the son, "it didn't go so well. I was totally humiliated."

"I'm so sorry! What happened?"

"Well, she insisted on washing the dishes," the son explained.

"And that's a problem for you....?" Mom inquires.

"We hadn't eaten yet."



[Good Clean Funnies]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours." (Psalm 128:1-2)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle and via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really...Tim Allen. Who is going to buy a plate signed by Tim Allen??? Just write it off as a donation to charity. It will be really difficult to locate the one or two other Tim Allen fans out there.

Anonymous said...

If it were me, I would display it for a good conversation starter in the home. It is not in good shape for use anyway. But I think it's cool that you made that contribution.

Mark said...

@Anonymous ... hah! You made me chuckle. I hear he's doing some really good stand up comedy again, and perhaps because he's a Michigan boy, I looked the other way on some of his lesser efforts.

@Joy ... I suspect that's what we'll end up doing. If nothing else, it can start a conversation about poverty, hunger, and what small part we can all do to help end it. And thanks for the kind words.