Friday, December 04, 2009

Signs

FRIDAY RAMBLINGS: Having finished one of the three projects on my plate due before Christmas - well, there's still some revisions and a touch of production work - I was hit by the "I don't wanna do nuthin' " bug which, I hope, explains why today's post is so late.

And, it appears that my link from yesterday to the TV Pop Crunch website set off alarms on McAfee if you have the Site Advisor feature installed. I use the McAfee that comes bundled free with Comcast Internet and Site Advisor is not a part of that. From looks of things, one of the links hosted by the TV Pop Crunch site has been declared dangerous by McAfee ... I didn't have any problems with the site, but if any of you did, I apologize profusely.

Now, what to do for today's post. Hmmmm.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

FUNNY SIGNS FROM AROUND THE WORLD

Hairdresser shop in Norway: "Nice face ... shame about the hair."

Furniture store in Australia: "Our beds are factory-trained not to jump on your children. Please show the same courtesy."

On a van for a company that does window treatments in New Zealand: "This van is driven by a blind man!"

Antique furniture restoration store in Georgia: "Male stripper on duty."

Local Subway sign, somewhere in America: "Now hiring -- 6-inch tuna -- $3.59." Poor, underpaid tuna!

On a church sign advertising a fundraiser for youth group: "Archery Shoot Youth Fundraiser."

City buses in San Luis Obispo, California are all emblazoned with: "SLO Transit."

Church sign in Wisconsin: "Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Sun worship, 10:30 a.m."


[selected from Mikey's Funnies]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I guess Christmas must be approaching. We woke up this morning to our first snowfall here in our little corner of Michigan. Time to bust out the snow shovels in anticipation of worse.

I'll see you on Monday.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: Here's a webcomic that's definitely a little quirky, but in a very creative way. My son got me hooked on Biff, a guy who needs a serious eyebrow clipper. Find him at http://www.thebookofbiff.com/.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday, when I get around to it, using Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure my posts are certified by Habeas to be a safe source of e-mail. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and click through the pages over at my web site. To contact me and one day get a reply, click here. Won't reply tonight though as it's well past my bedtime. 2:30 in the morning comes early! You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. When taken off the post, the credits loiter loosely in the streets and eventually stir up all kinds of trouble and, frankly, I just don't have money for bail anymore. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update this blog with a copy of my post daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. I have an idea for bumping up my number of subscribers, but I need some of you to act as a sounding board. Write me (address a few lines north) and ask.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "Many things are lost for want of asking." (English Proverb)

No comments: