Friday, September 18, 2009

Deck Work

We are still in the middle of redecorating and renovating several rooms in our home. With both Bonnie and I working several jobs, the progress is slow. Very slow.

If we had any artistic skills at all, maybe we'd just paint the whole place cream, buy $10 worth of permanent markers, and go to town, like this guy did.

Clicking on the video stops it briefly, and a clicking/dragging combination will move the picture left or right. It is perhaps the most innovative - and cheapest - decorating job I've ever seen.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was working in the sun all day this past summer, putting the finishing touches on our new deck, when my sister pulled into the driveway. She greeted me and spent a few minutes looking over my work as I continued to paint.

From behind me I heard her gush, "Wow, you're an expert!"

I felt complimented and immensely satisfied. But, not trying to seem too full of myself, I turned to her and said, "Well, once you get going, it's pretty easy!"

She looked puzzled and I had to wonder if perhaps I had misheard her comment, so I asked, "What did you just say?"

She smiled and replied, "I said, Wow, your neck's burnt!"


[Joe's Clean Laffs]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey, tomorrow is "International Talk Like A Pirate Day." If you're on Facebook, scroll to the bottom of your screen and click the name of your current language, then select "English (Pirate)." It's a hoot! Gets kind of annoying after more than a day or two, but for tomorrow, it's entirely appropriate.

I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE of the WEEK: Time Magazine has done it again and issued their "50 Best Websites of 2009" at http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/0,28757,1918031,00.html. It's late and I haven't got time to go through them all, so I apologize in advance if any of these are not family friendly, but in general, I trust Time. Thanks and a tip o'the Mark's Musings cap to local blogger Andy Heller.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is sent each weekday - to now around 580 of you (am I getting more unpopular?) - using Ezine Director and I pay a little extra every day to make sure my posts are certified by Habeas to be a safe source of e-mail. Subscribe, view past issues in my Archives, and otherwise pleasantly click your mouse at my web site. If you need to change your e-mail address or you're all mused out and need to unsubscribe, use the "Change Subscription" or "Cancel Subscription" links at the very bottom of this page, but click with care, please. To contact me and sooner or later get a reply, click here. Please notice that today's post is just CHOCK FULL of links you can click. You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. It's nice if the credits stay post-bound. Original material and musings © 2009 by Mark Raymond. I update my blog with a copy of this post daily and occasionally with "bonus material" whenever the mood or muse strikes. Look for the label that says "bonus" and you can bring all that extra material up with one click. My personal mission statement remains John 3:30. Find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/baldmark/. If I had a nickel for every time I thought about charging money for this post, I'd have five cents.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "The future is much like the present, only longer." (Don Quisenberry)

No comments: