Friday, July 25, 2008

Random Thoughts III

Our GKR of '08 is pretty much right on schedule. All the old stuff was torn out down to the frame, new insulation and drywall is up, new electric has been run with new breakers and everything up to code, and the new cabinets and appliances arrive today. All we have left is some plumbing work, a little furnace ductwork, paint, install everything, hook it all up and trim it all out. Piece of cake.

Umm, yeah. Keep praying for us (and our contractor!).

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

RANDOM THOUGHTS
Part the Third

Dyslexics have more nuf.

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro" - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

If you are what you eat, I'm dead meat.

What do you say to a hitchhiker with one leg?
Hop in!

Did you hear about the Norwegian husband who loved his wife so much he almost told her?

Why are builders afraid to have a 13th floor, but publishers aren't afraid to have a Chapter 11?

Did Humpty Dumpty have a great fall to make up for a lousy summer?

Did I tell you about the Amish couple who got divorced. Apparently he was driving her buggy.

Does satisfaction come from a satisfactory?

Birth control pills are tax-deductible. But only if they don't work.

Right now there are 15 million Americans who have things that are old, funny-looking, don't work anymore and are only kept around for sentimental value. Some of these are called antiques. The rest are called husbands.

Due to a slight mix-up with our pills at the kitchen counter, my wife will be heartworm-free for the next 30 days.

So I tried one of those fad diets. All I got was fadder and fadder.

[identified, ignited, illuminated, imagined, impressed, incubated, and increased from A Prairie Home Companion's Pretty Good Jokes, Andychap's The_Funnies, Wit and Wisdom, Shoe, and the mind of Mark Raymond]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

For the half dozen of you wondering about the results of my sleep apnea test, I should tell you that my doctor and I disagreed over why I had been so tired lately. I thought my thyroid was conking out, he thought I was suffering from sleep apnea. Turns out the good Lord blessed me with both. So now I get to go back for the follow-up "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure" (CPAP) test and start taking yet another in a long list of chemicals to right the body parts that have foundered off course over the years.

None of this, however, will slow me down. I am determined. Hear me roar.

I'll see you on Monday.

Mark

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WEB SITE(S) of the WEEK: Here's a couple of ways to take all that goodness I know is in all of my "Musingites" and put it to work, making the planet a happier and safer place. First up is http://www.helpothers.org, where you'll find inspirational stories and ideas for "small acts of kindness." Then when you're ready to move on to something that has the potential to be a bit bigger, go to http://www.wishuponahero.com/. At that site you have the opportunity to post "wishes" (needs) or fulfill the wishes of others. Their slogan is "No wish is too large, no hero is too small." Thanks to Kimberly Quiggles Cup O'Cheer.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Mark's Musings is a Habeas-certified spam free mailer. Subscribe, view past issues in the Archives, look at a few photos (which I will update with before/after shots of our GKR when it's done) and help defray publishing costs at my web site. To contact Mark, click here. To do anything else, get up and do it. Don't just sit there! You can forward or reprint "Mark's Musings" freely but please keep the credits attached. The credits let everyone know some important information about the guy who put the post together. Original material and commentary © 2008 by Mark Raymond. I update my blog with a copy of this post daily, and extra thoughts, the occasional video, and other things that go bump in the night on the weekends. Look for the label that says "Weekend" and you can bring them all up with one click. My personal mission statement is John 3:30. I have no clue what your personal mission statement is.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WORDS for YOUR WEEKEND: "Tomorrow is the busiest day of the year." (Spanish Proverb)

No comments: