Wednesday, July 16, 2008

History Test

Well. I watched the All Star Game. All ended-in-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning-15-innings of it. So if this post is lame, blame baseball.

Meanwhile, the clever folks at How Stuff Works have come up with a bunch of fun and informative quizzes to test your knowledge - and educate you at the same time - on a large variety of subjects, from Alligators to the Space Shuttle.

+++

My son, Graham, is a typical teenager. He's smart but not always motivated when it comes to school. With a big history test on Vietnam looming, he had hardly cracked a book in preparation.

"I just know he's going to blow off this test," I remarked one day to my husband.

"Oh, he's more mature than that," Mike reassured me. And to prove his point, he called into the next room, "Hey, Graham, who's Henry Kissinger?"

"Why?" Graham called back. "Is he on our Caller ID?"

[Linda Tenbrink in Reader's Digest Life in These United States]

+++

WONDER for YOUR WEEK: Are there ever any trick answers?

+++


Mark's Musings is also sent each weekday via email. Get your own subscription for free, no diploma required, by clicking here.

No comments: