Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bad Computer

Hey, my website is mostly back and the redesign is pretty much finished, with just a couple of minor tweaks and adds/edits left to do. My deepest thanks go out to my friend and graphic designer Rob Miller for all of his hard work.

The "Website of the Week" archives are still being updated, and I completely lost my Guestbook when Comcast crashed my previous site, but do feel free to stop by and re-sign the new Guestbook feature and browse previous website picks, once those features are up and running, which should be at some point this weekend.

Overall, I hope you like it and, as always, don't be afraid to tell me how it could be improved. I have *a lot* more flexibility in design and page capability now than I had on the previous site.

+++

MORE SIGNS YOU BOUGHT A BAD COMPUTER

To reboot it, you have to turn it upside down and shake it.

Instead of a power supply, it came with a place to attach jumper cables. Battery not included.

The "quick reference" manual is 120 pages long.

Whenever you turn it on, all the dogs in your neighborhood start howling.

You frequently get an error message that says, "Don't you need to take a break yet?"

The only chip inside is a Dorito.

Your user guide contains just two words: "good luck!"

Your best friend has the same computer, only he's using his for a paperweight.



[first seen in Net 153s Smile A Day, edits and rewrites by Mark Raymond]

+++

WISDOM for YOUR WEEK: "My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge." (Psalm 62:7)

+++

Use your good computer to get your own subscription by clicking here.

No comments: