Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Post #1,000: The Drummer

Gentlefolk, I find myself mired in deadline upon deadline so the post may be a bit spotty this week.

Yesterday was Pi Day. I put a video up on my blog about what Pi would sound like. (Down below.)

And that's pretty significant for my blog, because it's the *one thousandth* post I've written for this medium.

+++

As a nightclub owner, I had hired a drummer and a piano player to entertain my customers. After several evenings of performances, I discovered that the drummer had walked away with some of my valuables. I notified the police and he was subsequently hauled off to jail.

Desperate for another drummer on short notice, I called a friend who knew some musicians.

"What happened to the drummer you had?" he asked.

"I had him arrested," I replied.

There was a pause on the other end of the phone.

"How badly did he play?"


[Pastor Tim's Cybersalt Digest via ChapNotes]

+++

WORDS for YOUR WEEK: "Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends." (Alphonse de Lamartine)

+++

Mark's Musings is available via an RSS Feed, a Facebook Note, the Amazon Kindle (just 99¢. A month.) and arrives via e-mail each weekday (usually). Subscriptions are free. ISSN 2154-9761



No comments: